Conversations and Paranoia
Tonight my cousin came and picked me up and we hung out. As we left Sonic for his house, I remarked:
"Man you're a _terrible_ driver when you're stoned."
"What do you mean?! I'm a _great_ driver!!" He seemed genuinely shocked that I'd think such a thing. I'm not really sure where I got the idea, either, because it couldn't have been him weaving over the road, stopping and reacting too slowly (if they had pulled out in front of us, I'd have died), and various other safety violations. He never sped, though.
I had a trump card though: "You're not as good as me!" My voice held a ringing note of triumph as I stated this, because I knew I was right - and what's more, I knew _he_ knew it as well.
Sure enough, he opened his mouth and said... Nothing. There was instead a long awkward pause as he sat, unable to say anything. This silence soon lapsed into stoned forgetfulness.
I mused for a bit on the irony of this situation, and as we approached his turn, noticed a pickup truck sitting at the stop sign. They were pulling out of the same road we were about to turn onto - and they just sat there. We slowed down. They sat there. We reach the corner. They sat there - Literally, it happens at that speed. It's so blocky and powerful that it just subsumes everything.
My cousin gripes: "What are you doing, motherfucker!? MOVE! Shit - man, you can go! What more do you want?"
I merely listen in marvel as he then tells me that he "Really hates these assholes-" '...assholes?' I whisper to myself as he continues, "that get out here and don't know how to fuckin' drive, man, and it's really startin' to piss me off the way they're newb-ing it up out here."
I mutter some kind of positive sound and sit quietly as we unsteadly weave along the roads beneath his righteous tone(and totally impervious to the obvious, as well).
Well kids. Don't ever let anyone tell you that drugs make you smarter. However, don't let them tell you drugs make you _stupid_, either. Don't believe silly lies.


1 comment:
I think drugs do make you stupid. I'm still trying to recover my short term memory.
Then again, as overanylitical as I was before doing drugs, I find a great comfort in the fact that I don't take life NEARLY as seriously as I did before.
So yes, I think they make you stupid.. but no, I don't think they're always 'bad'.
.. Per se.
Post a Comment